Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle (or Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle) is a point and click adventure game released by Pendulo Studios in 2006. It's a sequel to Runaway: A Road Adventure.
The French version of the game was the first available for purchase, followed shortly by the German version, both published in fall 2006. Other versions like the original Spanish version and the English localizations were kept on hold until 2007 due to publishing issues, most notably with its homeland, Spain, where a special collector's edition was released in order to please fans.
Runaway 2 was first released on Microsoft Windows and then subsequently ported to the Nintendo DS in 2007 and Wii in 2009. The sequel and third installment of the series is Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate and was released on November 26, 2009. On October 17, 2013, French publisher and developer Bulkypix released Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle Part 1 for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad).
Taking advantage of the 20 million recovered at the expense of the Sandretti brothers on their previous adventure, Brian and Gina are on vacation in Hawaii. On an excursion of the couple in a small airplane, the driver of the gear makes a discomfort because of his advanced age. Brian forces Gina to put on a parachute and pushes her overboard as the plane flies over the island of Mala Island. Brian stays on the plane that lands in disaster in the jungle of the island. The player also sees an introduction that during his parachute descent, Gina is targeted from the island by a hypodermic rifle and falls asleep in a lake.
Brian regains consciousness on the plane. Otto, the late pilot, seems to have disappeared. Brian realizes that the plane crashed not far from the end of the jungle...
The game features two major (Brian and Gina) and several minor characters:
- Brian Basco, the only player-controlled character, is a doctoral candidate in Physics at Berkeley. Brian broke out of his nerdy shell after going through so many adventures and meeting so many interesting characters in Runaway: A Road Adventure. He will stop at nothing to save the woman he never thought he would have, Gina.
- Gina Timmins is the stunningly attractive girl Brian almost ran over with his car and immediately fell in love with in Runaway 1. After all the help Brian gave her in the first Runaway, it's no surprise that they're now a couple on vacation together in lovely Hawaii.
- Sushi Douglas is a hip multi-millionaire computer hacker who helps Brian out whenever he gets into a jam that requires technical assistance. Brian has a high IQ, but Sushi has the technological know-how to get Brian and his beloved Gina out of harm's way.
- Lokelani is a hot and racy new character who spices things up while tending the bar on Luana Beach.
- Camille is a secondary character based upon a real-life French Runaway 2 contest winner.